- 2 tbsp curry powder your choice of heat level
- 300 g brown basmati rice well rinsed and drained
- 600 ml vegetable stock low-salt
- 200 g smoked fish Your choice of smoked salmon, smoked trout or smoked mackerel
- 200 g peas Frozen and defrosted
- To taste salt and pepper
- In a non-stick pan with a tight fitting lid, toast the curry powder over a medium heat until aromatic (about 1 minute).
- Stir through the rice, then pour over the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and turn down to a low simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, break up the fish into bite-size pieces.
- When the rice is cooked stir through the peas and the fish and warm through. Check the seasoning adding salt/pepper if required.
- Serve in warmed bowls.
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Finely sliced red chilli/spring onions
- Plain plant-based yoghurt
Write the first comment
Sign up or log in to leave comments
Already have account? Log In