- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp rosemary dried
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 400 g cannellini beans can
- 100 g tomato passata
- Heat a non stick pan and dry fry the onion and garlic, adding a dash of water if it begins to stick.
- Add the tomato puree, paprika, rosemary, brown sugar and soy sauce. Cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the beans and passata and simmer for at least 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Season with black pepper, it should already taste salty due to the soy sauce and serve warm on toast.
This recipe is adapted from Great British Chefs.
Write the first comment
Sign up or log in to leave comments
Already have account? Log In