- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / 340 F
- If using a tin, grease and line with baking parchment.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl (oats, oat flour, pecans, almonds, cinnamon, ground allspice, salt).
- Bring the maple syrup and almond butter to the boil in a pan, stirring until combined and smooth. Take off the heat, add the vanilla extract and then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer into your silicone moulds or your lined tin and press down well, smoothing the top with a palette knife dipped in cold water.
- Bake for approx. 20 mins if using individual moulds, or approx. 30 mins if using a tin, until firm and golden brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely in the silicone moulds before turning out. If using a tin, allow to cool for approx 30 mins before cutting into pieces with a very sharp knife. Once completely cold, remove from the tin.
- They will keep for several days in an airtight tin.
I make mine in silicone granola bar moulds, but you could also use a 20 cm x 20 cm tin lined with baking parchment.
I love cinnamon, so I use a full 2 tbsp, but feel free to use less if you would like a more subtle flavour.
Sign up or log in to leave comments
Already have account? Log In