- 1 orange
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 50 g arugula also known as rocket
- 1 chicory head, also known as witloof
- 20 g hazelnuts toasted and lightly crushed
- 2 hot smoked-salmon pieces, approx 160g sliced
- Cut the top and bottom off the orange, and then slice off the peel with a sharp knife, keeping as much of the flesh as you can but removing all the pith.
- Slice the orange into segments over a bowl in order to keep as much of the juice as possible. Reserve the orange segments.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and some seasoning to the orange juice and whisk to make the dressing. Reserve.
- Put the chicory leaves, rocket/arugula and orange segments into a large bowl and dressing and gently toss together.
- Arrange on a serving plate with the salmon slices and scatter over the hazelnuts.
- Serve with crusty bread.
See my Instagram feed @billys_kitchn for more OMS friendly recipe ideas.
Write the first comment
Sign up or log in to leave comments
Already have account? Log In